Friday, April 3, 2009

TOPSHOP SOHO


Thursday, April 2, the weather was beautiful: the sun was out, everyone left their winter coats at home, and everyone EVERYONE was just giddy. In Soho, getting out the Spring Street 6 train station, the giddiness was magnified, exponentially. There was a buzz in the air. A buzz more frenzied than an average day in Soho. Balthazar had a waiting line--at 4 pm. The swarms of people--tourists, fashionistas, and EVEN news stations made walking down Broadway to the newly open TOPSHOP SOHO nearly impossible. 


Once there, the line curled around Broome then Crosby was quite daunting. It was truly a calling to fashionistas everywhere. And I loved every second of it. Yet, I didn't even make it through the TOPSHOP doors. (love topshop, but i really don't do lines. they are surely the bane of my existence.)


Sure, I was disappointed that I did not get to see the inside of the awesomeness that is TopShop Soho--after all the excitement! Fashionista...or maybe NylonMag...described it worthy of "multiple orgasms." ...and I have only one response to that...promise?! ;)


And, I thought I was being so clever and calculated arriving there around 4:30. I sincerely expected all the fashionistas (there to catch a glimpse of Kate Moss) gone by then. (No offense.) Alas, I was sorely sorely mistaken. But to be honest, I really just went to see all the hype (shoe studio and good DJing!..and the free tote!). I had just read on a blog earlier in the day that most of the items there were priced as if the exchange rate was 2 to 1 (2 dollars to one pound). A dress that is 45 pounds in London would be 90 dollars in the store!  With today's exchange rate 1.48 dollars to a pound, it actually makes more sense to buy the items in  London, saving me roughly 23 dollars! (Thank you, my International Finance class..and every other class that has taught me about FX exposure..aka every finance class I've ever taken. And a big whoop whoop to the strong dollar.) Luckily, I'll be in London in less than 2 months, where I might very possibly buy everything in TopShop. 

My outfit that day: 


Listening to: Never Miss a Beat-Kaiser Chiefs

We can thank the Brits for great clothes and awesome music. 

No comments:

Post a Comment