Monday, April 13, 2009

...Resting...

I need an extension. I'll update soon, PROMISE, but for now, I'm really enjoying being a technology minimalist. It is also Burmese New Year--it's a week long celebration and time of reflection, so that is exactly what I've been doing. It is more of a Buddhist thing: more meditation and learning more about the religion (i have nightly sessions with my mom!) than getting drunk with festivities...which is so refreshing

One of my Burmese New Year resolutions was going to be to be a better Buddhist by drinking less alcohol. But considering I'm London, Paris, Barcelona, IBIZA bound in a month and a half...I don't think that would work. Though, I haven't drank in weeks--to enter the New Year with a clean slate. Not at the dinner party my parents hosted. Not in New Jersey the next night. THAT TOOK INNER STRENGTH. really. The Blue Label Johnny Walker was mocking me. So were the EXCELLENT wines. 

 I think my resolution will be to be a better daughter by being more considerate and grateful...and to meditate more. 

Happy Thingyan, my Burmese friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment