Wednesday, April 22, 2009

HAPPY EARTH DAY!


"Every day should be Earth Day." pic from FeedYourInspiration@tumblr
Some thoughts:
1) Who knows good music? I know good music.
Remember how I was just RAVING and listening to Nothing to Worry About by Peter Bjorn & John on Monday...yeah, the Hills decided to open Monday's episode with that song. Seriously. I know good music--because anything they play on the Hills qualifies it as good music. Clearly.
2) East Japanese Restaurant on 3rd Ave and 27th street has closed.
Health violations.. Ali is probably thrilled. I, on the other hand, am disgusted yet devastated. I loved that place (my family eats at the various East restaurants around the city enough to pay for an "East card" ..for discounts.) There HAS TO BE another conveyor belt sushi place in Gramercy. Ugh.
3) My family really makes me laugh with their witty lines.
I had sent an email to my mom, my uncle, my aunt and some family friends (we are so close that they are practically family) giving them potential birthday gifts suggestions. I did not send my dad this email bc he never answers his email. Anyway, one of the suggestion was a leather Gucci bag that I want, alas cannot afford. The Gucci Chain Large Hobo Guccissima. It's not from the new season but it's simple and classic.
My mom's reply reads: "Why us? I should forward this to your beloved Daddy. He will take care of it."
my dad might kill me for even asking such a thing during a recession
My uncle's reply: "I think I bought something similar the last time I was in Burma. Will find it for you. Thanks for being so considerate"
knock-offs are just NOT the same. and making a wishlist is pretty freaking considerate
My aunt: "I thought there was no birthday presents after 21..."
where is this even written?
A family friend: "I already bought a present for you. A book called "Dhamma Talk" (about Buddhism). But I will rethink your choice"
i know material possessions are impermanent, but that's OKAY with me!
what sarcasm. LOVE THEM.
Listening to: July, July!- The Decemberists
Because June loves The Decemberists and is unpatiently waiting for July.

No comments:

Post a Comment