Sunday, March 29, 2009

Let's "Roleplay."



Hosted by Brian Atwood, Byrdie Bell and Julia Restoin-Roifeld, this event was just a whos-who of those in the fashion world. Granted there weren't any celebrity here that most people would know, you know the A-listers, it was full of socialites, writers, and models. Even Dr. Lisa Airan, world class Upper East Side cosmetic dermatologist was in attendence. This took place on March 19, but I have been so busy with my best friends coming home for Spring Break to write about this LUSH event! But I had such a great time. It was possibly the best night I've had in a LONG time (ending up at Arctica after this event was the icing on the cake!)

Meeting Tim Blanks was possibly the HIGHLIGHT of my night. He is hilarious and JUST SO SO SWEET. he commented that I was the first June he's ever met and that he loved my name and me. I melted. I now have a full-fledged crush on him. I'm that easy. 

Seeing Timo Weiland--the brilliant up and coming designer. Before this event I hadn't seen him in nearly a year. His line of neckwear is taking off--it's appeared in NYLON and ElleUK! He also informed me that he'd be expanding to menswear and women's wear! Excited! Oh, and if you're green, he also has an eco-conscious wallets line! TIMO! Congrats! 


The ads placed on the walls around the space were SO SO SO seductive. It featured Atwood's Spring line with Rene Russo--from Thomas Crown Affair--wearing the decadent footwear in very sexy situations. I'm saving up money to buy Brian Atwood shoes to aspire to be that sultry. 


Some of the attendees: pictures from Style.com--because I forgot my camera. 


Zac malone and Genevieve Jones...(ps. I am DYING that I missed Genevieve's La Perla showcase last Tuesday. Zac Posen was there. SlavyD, I blame you.)


Olivia Palermo must have left before I even got there. I was "fashionably late" (hahah!) arriving after 9pm--sangria and food at Mexican Radio with T and D were just necessary. Really, wine and champagne without ANY food in my stomach...COULD YOU IMAGINE?! I'd probably make art of my own ...on those white walls. Ugh. 


Tim Blanks and Riley Vaill. I have a crush on Tim Blanks. shh.



Richard Chai and Poppy Delevinge. I really didn't know Richard Chai was this young.! I thought he was in the same age range as Phillip Lim! Silly me.  I also don't know when I gushed even more... when I met Philip Lim or Richard Chai...Asian designers steal my heart. (I need to meet Jason Wu. hook me up!)

Doc Lisa Airan. I'll be able to afford you someday...

No comments:

Post a Comment