Wednesday, March 11, 2009

JC, whatever you're smoking, give me a hit.


Jean-Charles de Castelbajac. I don't know what you're smoking--but seriously, most ridiculous piece, ever. 

I am not "hating" on JC/DC. No no no. I actually find his pieces inspiring and VERY fashion-forward. I appreciate his clothes so much, I proudly admit that I have a couple of his sweaters that I like to wear --especially whenever I have an extra urge to be unique on the streets or have the entire spectrum of the rainbow as toggles (oh! minus violet...why is that?! I am such a fan of violet...IMAGINE violet toggles--HOT!)


BUT THIS?! 

Ugh. It makes me nauseous just looking at it. I don't even want to imagine what a Ms. Piggy piece might look like. I hate cotton candy pink to begin with...

Which ultimately poses the question--what is the line between fashion-forward/avantgarde and just R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S?

(picture via Jezebel)

No comments:

Post a Comment