Friday, February 27, 2009

Ticks.

So I just woke up...yes, I realize it is noon, but I have a busy weekend and today might be the only day that I can catch up on sleep (11 GLORIOUS hours) ...I feel a little disoriented and just plain UNPRODUCTIVE. 

I hate this feeling. 

But what feeling do I hate MORE?!

Waking up and realizing that I actually remember what I dreamt about, which  to be honest, I was a little excited about...I rarely remember dreams! Naturally, as all of you would probably do--because we are now Google-dependent creatures--I google it...and unfortunately, my dream did not mean such good things. 

To elaborate on my dream: 
I was in my dorm getting ready for a party (I don't really live in a dorm so that's a little random...). I had been really excited to wear this vintage beauty I recently scored. I had put it on..convinced it would be jaw-dropping gorgeous. In my dream, I don't really remember my reaction to my dress nor do I really remember how the dress looked like. Regardless, I remember feeling itchy from wearing the dress, so I take it off---IMMEDIATELY.  There I was half-naked...and infested with ticks. I don't remember my legs being infested, but I definitely remember my chest and arms. Weird. There I stood, in my bra, with ticks on my chest, as I attempted to pluck them off one by one. Boy was that hard!


My Googled interpretation: 

-To dream you see ticks crawling on your flesh, is a sign of impoverished circumstances and ill health. Hasty journeys to sick beds may be made.
-To mash a tick on you, denotes that you will be annoyed by treacherous enemies.
-To see in your dreams large ticks on stock, enemies are endeavoring to get possession of your property by foul means.

Source: 10 000 Dream Interpretations, by Gustavus Hindman Miller

Also, I think it might say something about my wearing vintage?


I'm a little (ALOT!!) freaked out by this. 
I don't think anyone would like to realize that they might either be sick or be "attacked" by enemies. 
To be honest, I'm a little (ALOT!!) surprised that I would even have enemies. I would like to think I treat others how I'd like to be treated..for the most part. Unless he or she is really a DB. I know that sounds really horrible. 
I am trying to be a better Buddhist/person, really I am. 
And hopefully, karma will be on my side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment