Thursday, July 9, 2009

NYC, i love you so.


In London, I realized my love for NYC...actually...my UNHEALTHY love for NYC. 

Most of you know, I love London. I love the vibe--the more care-free, yet sophisticated aura. I love the fashion sense: never in NYC have I met a man dressed to the nines, in an ivory suit, pink dress shirt and ivory hat. very British. (he was obviously drinking Pimm's!) I adore being able to drink in PARKS! and the list goes on...

But, during my 10 days in my beloved London, I missed my home sweet home. There are things that I just take for granted--24 hour public transportation, yellow cabs, and stores staying open late, especially during the summer. So when I had to wait for the nightbus, because the tube stops working at midnight, I wished I were in NYC, hailing a yellow cab. 

So, today, I spent my day in the city--what is more New York than a Spa day followed by some shopping on 5th ave? And as I walked along 5th ave, dropping by Bendels (missing the Carebear SOOOO MUCH!), I felt justified in my love for New York. 

This is my home. And I can love it as much as I want to. 


LOVE AFFAIR WITH NYC, please do not disturb. 

(seriously, I don't want to seem too dramatic about not being able to live anywhere but NYC, but it's really true. BUT....i do love london ...to visit.) 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out. Boyfriend just told me that he walked past Bendel's on Sunday, pre-flight and it was closed. He was going to go because it reminded him of me. PS They opened a bendel's in michigan today... I freaked out at the grand opening with mum, that I don't work there. miss you <3

    ReplyDelete